Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The move from hell. Part 1,2,3, etc.....

As many of you already know, we moved. And for those of you who didn't know it, well SURPRISE! We took a big leap of faith and made the move from Tennessee to Florida. Of course not a new thing for me to move, but it was for Jonathan. I for one am as glad as I can be that I am back here. I'm pretty sure that Jonathan likes it to. This move didn't come easy though, and it has certainly been no picnic in the park either. The main reason we moved in the first place was because in January Jonathan lost his full time job at Smith and Hammaker. He worked there for four years, putting in long hours well over his 40 a week. On top of that, he also worked his part time job at UPS where he has been employed for 12 years, and working 20-24 hours weekly. Yes, your math skills are correct, he worked 65-70 hours a week, every stinking week. You can tell where this is going I'm sure. That big cut in our income cost us to loose our home that we adored. No big deal, you pick up and carry on. And that is just what we did. We have shed many tears, had many sleepless nights and a few good arguments thrown into the mix of all the stress we have had. So here we are, it's almost a year later and we have been in Florida since Aug 13th. You know that old saying "time flys when your having fun"? Well let me just be the first to say that time flys when your overwhelmed, over stressed, and exhausted too. We had been in our nice new little apartment for a few weeks when our first incident occurred. A snake. Yes, in our apartment, in our hall way. Can you say panic attack? I can honestly say I had never experienced one before this occurred. It was amusing to say the least I'm sure. Jon got the snake out of our apartment and as one would think, problem solved. Wrong...problem multiplied. Two days later, yes, another lovely snake in the hallway. I was already to move out when I saw the first one, and seeing this one made me want to move even worse. Mind you, we have a 13month contract at this place, are you kidding me? Well, let the games begin said the person who has a voodoo doll on us. Lets just see how much this one family can take before they snap. Savannah and our dog Charlie were both bitten by a brown recluse spider. Yes, the very dangerous, deadly spider that everyone hears of and knows somebody who knows someone whose been bit. Yes, only us. This was my snapping point. I demanded to our office leasing staff that we be moved because that place had a serious problem. Ok, after a good little fight, I won and we got moved. Almost one mile across the street to another apartment. I had just got unpacked from the last move that was awful in itself. I mean, we moved from a home that was well over 2,000sq ft to a little place of 1,000sq feet. That was tough, and then to pack it all back up again and move and unpack all within one months time. I feel like I have lost my ever loving mind. We spent three days with Savannah in the hospital because she has been very sick. Sleeping excessive amounts and being tired, pale and not hungry. Only to come home with no more answers than we went there with. She is getting better everyday it seems, which is great. The only down fall is we still don't know what is wrong and we are waiting to get into the rheumatoligst in February for more answers. As of now, they are thinking she has an auto immune disorder since they run in our family. We brought her home on a Sunday evening, two weeks ago. That same night I managed to black out and fall. Comically returning to the E.R. just after getting back from there. I know, it sounds like a freaking movie plot at this point doesn't it? But, I assure you it gets more interesting. The pain I was having pushed me into going to the Doctor on that following Monday afternoon. Only to learn that I have a hairline fracture on my left hip. Mind you, the new apartment is on the second floor. This shall be fun I told myself. The only thing to do for this little fracture I have is to be off of my feet for 4-6 weeks. Nice, if I had a maid, chef, teacher, dog walker, and an extra mom and wife. Jonathan has had to pick up the slack around here. He has been doing a good job and finally learning to cook and even clean a little. He is not much of a nurse maid though, he needs a few lessons on that for sure. I have been so flustered at the turn of events lately that I had to get my frustrations out some where and use a bit of my creative writing skills to work. I mean, lets face it, I can write one heck of a story that will either make you cry, laugh or at least give you something to talk about at your dinner table. Our latest even occurred today. I got out of the house, despite the doctors orders to go down the street for a gluten free pizza with my family and Mom came along too. We get ordered and get ready to pay and our credit card (bank card) was declined. Great. I had forgot that they were taking our car insurance out today and I was going to call and have them do it on Thursday when our measly pay day would be in the bank. I forgot, gee...I wonder why? Could it be the massive pain patch I'm wearing and the pain pills I have been on? Surly not. Either way, we are flat ass broke. I have not been this broke since I was single. Thank heavens mom was there to pay for our lunch. Some days I swear I hate life. I have often wondered if it would kill me to jump from the second floor of an apartment building or if I would just land and break a leg. Let me just say that after falling just from the level of my own height and breaking a hip that I would for sure die from a jump. I wish fate would quit tempting me to try it out though. How hard is it to get a break around here, hell, I know how easy it is to get a break, take a fall and find out but I'm talking about an honest to goodness break from everyday crap that happens. I have been so overwhelmed that I want to cry. I just might. I am thinking that might help, at the worst it will just make my eyes puff up. I have just been writing to empty the cob webs, and get things off my chest. My heart has been so heavy with overwhelming circumstances that I am just not sure how much more I can honestly take. I hope more, because after all this is just life right?

No comments:

Post a Comment